Home page
  Hometown Heart
  Elected Officials
  Administrative Officials
  Business Directory
  Coming Events

  • Where is the local Chamber of Commerce located?

Effingham County Chamber of Commerce

520 West Third Street

P.O. Box 1078

Springfield, GA  31329

Tel: (912) 754-3301

Fax: (912) 754-1236



  • How do I get the water turned on at my house?
    Come to City Hall located at 130 South Laurel Street, fill out the needed paper work, bring your identification, and post a deposit. Your water will be turned on the same day if the deposit and paperwork are completed before 3 p.m. For more information, please call 912.754.7617.
  • What are the water deposits?
    $125.00 - Homeowners Inside City Limits
    $145.00 - Homeowners Outside City Limits
    $150.00 - Renters Inside City Limits
    $130.00 - Sewer Only
    $125.00 - Water Only
    $100.00 - Commercial
  • When does City Hall disconnect your water services?
    Your water will be disconnected without notice if you are 2 months behind on payment. Once it is disconnected it is both months plus a $50.00 administrative fee to have services reconnected.
  • What type of payment does City Hall accept for water bills?
    Cash, Check, Money Order, and Debit/Credit Card
  • What days is household garbage picked up?
    Fridays (have cart to road by 7 a.m.)
  • What days is yard trash picked up?
    2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month.  Call City Hall for pick-up.
  • Do you have somewhere to drop payments of water bills or citations after business hours?
    There is a drop box at City Hall where you can drop both water bill and citation payments after hours.
  • How do I contact the Police Department?
    The business office number is 912.754.3061
  • What type of payment does the Police Department accept for Citations?
    Cash, Local Checks, or Money Order
  • When are the City Council Meetings?
    2nd Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. in the Council Chamber located between Springfield City Hall and the Springfield Police Department
  • Who do I call if I have an emergency?
    You will need to call 911.
  • What school will my child attend if I live in Springfield?
    If you live in the city limits of Springfield, your child will attend Springfield Central Elementary, Effingham County Middle School, or Effingham County High School.
  • How do I register my child for school?
    You will need to contact the School he or she will attend.
    912.754.3326 - Springfield Central Elementary
    912.754.3332 - Effingham County Middle School
    912.754.6404 - Effingham County High School
  • Where do I go to register my car?
    Effingham County Tax Commissioners Office, Effingham County Annex Hwy 119 South Telephone number 912.754.2121
  • Where do I go to get my drivers license?
    Georgia State Patrol located at 2792 Hwy 21 South, between Rincon and Springfield. Telephone number 912.754.0736
  • Who do I contact for cable televisions?
    Comcast Communication at 912.236.4406


  • Who can I contact for Satellite internet? "Exede Satellite Internet" (www.exede.com)


  • Who do I contact for electricity?
    Georgia Power at 1.888.660.5890
  • Who do I contact for local telephone services?
    Windstream at 1.800.501.1754
  • Who do I contact for natural gas?
    Atlanta Gas Light Company at 1.800.427.5463
  • Where is the post office located?
    708 South Laurel Street, Springfield
  • Where is the hospital located?
    Effingham Hospital is located at 459 Hwy 119 South, Springfield.


| Home | Hometown Heart | Elected Officials | City Administration | Business Directory | Coming Events |